Q: What do I need to do in MES when Migrating to a new iSeries?
- Assumption - iSeries Name and IP address will be the same as the old name and IP
- Shut down the MES subsystem before migrating
- Restart the subsystem after the migration is complete
- Verify the MES server can communicate with the new iSeries by running Sync All from the ERP to MES sync page shown below. If this does not run successfully, there could be a communication problem. Send the log files from the MES server to email@example.com
- Verify mini-sync is running by making a data change in XA and then verify the last updated date and time for the specific data updated is later than the time the XA data was changed.